The overhead draw is BANNED.
· Bows shot of the fingers - At all target distances up to 60 Yards/Metres The Minimum range length including overshoot from the shooting line must be 110 yards
· Bows shot with mechanical release aids – The range length from the shooting line including the overshoot at all distances must be a minimum of 150 yards.
· All grounds are deemed accessible by the public even if that involves trespass.
· Any club by reason of a bank or wall who may consider that the overshoot area could be relaxed should submit details with accurate dimensions to the GNAS office for consideration for the granting of dispensation by the insurers.
· On grounds were the public have a right of access, there must be a minimum of two people present each being a minimum of 18 years of age when any shooting is in progress, one of whom may be a non archer to act as look out. The archer is responsible to inform the look out of all safety aspects applicable. Where two adult archers are present and shooting together they will alternate on the shooting line so that the non shooting archer can act as the look out
· Solo shooting by a senior archer (i.e. archers 18 and over) is permitted on private land which is fenced all round and where the public has no legal right of access. A warning notice must be displayed at all entrance and points of access. Any member shooting on their own is doing so at their own risk in respect of personal injuries.
· The over shoot rule as applied to the club can be modified due to the presence of the stone wall at the end of the field, as per rule 301 (vi).
Current J10 Shooting Venue Survey Forms